- Well known media company based in Manhattan
- Is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team.
About Our Client
Well known media company based in New York.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities;
- Support the Senior Accounting Manager and Controller in revenue recognition, month-end close, balance sheet and GL account reconciliations and financial analysis
- Prepare, review and post journal entries to the general ledger
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting policies and procedures, including best practice general ledger posting and maintenance
- Perform bank account reconciliations and execute banking transactions
- Provide customer service to our clients, customers, and stakeholders through phone and email
- Be an effective communicator with a commitment to fostering the development of your team
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to automate and accelerate the financial reporting
- Perform key category and account variance and trend analysis monthly
- Work on ad hoc projects and requests
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess;
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and accounting standards
- 5-7 years of accounting experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Outstanding attention to detail coupled with an ability to see a bigger picture
What's on Offer
A competitive hourly rate and benefits package.