- Well known non-profit organization based in Manhattan
- Are looking for a Senior Accountant
About Our Client
Well known non-profit based in Manhattan.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities entail;
- Prepare journal entries and reconciles the general ledger and subsidiary accounts for the monthly and yearly book close for the Association, as well as preparing related financial reports.
- Review monthly transitional housing billings, receivables, collections and prepare monthly allowance, bad debt calculation and related journal entries.
- Upon implementation of Salesforce/Financial-Force system, responsible for daily integration and reconciliation of activities and subledgers. During implementation, key member of Finance integration team.
- Conduct space rental and other ad hoc reporting requests.
- Manage and reconcile petty cash accounts for all branches.
- Preparation of annual budget. Work with staff across Association office and branches to develop budget accurately and timely.
- Prepare schedules and retrieve documents for government contract, CFR preparation, state, and financial statement audits.
- Responsible for other accounting areas and matters as assigned.
- Coordinate with managers and staff to research and resolve accounting issues.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA is a plus.
- Minimum of three (2) to five (5) years of experience in non-profit accounting.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (i.e. pivot table, vlookup, if) and database spreadsheets.
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce, Financial-Force, and QuickBooks a plus.
- Direct experience in presenting clear facts and issues.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
What's on Offer
A competitive hourly rate and benefits package.