Senior Actuary (P&C)
One of the largest insurance companies
About Our Client
- One of the market leaders
- Great working culture
* Develop and maintain pricing tools, involving refinement of the tools through recalibrations and developing appropriate statistical pricing methodologies.
* Establish an excellent working relationship with Underwriting to ensure their long-term support for the pricing tools.
* Provide regular reporting and analysis from the pricing tool data, to assist management with the active steering of the portfolio, particularly monitoring of risk adjusted rate changes.
* Develop ad-hoc reports in close collaboration with the relevant business units and other stakeholders, as the need arises.
* Develop strong processes around modelling, reporting and analysis.* Peer review work from other team members.
* Provide guidance to junior team members; in particular, define the day-to-day workload of a junior team member.
* Analyze the profitability of individual accounts and/or business segments, as required.
The Successful Applicant
* Qualified P&C Actuary (ACAS preferred);
* Previous experience in Pricing is an advantage;
* Knowledge of Specialty Lines is an advantage;* Experience with building exposure-based pricing models and exposure to predictive modelling is an advantage;
* Strong computer skills, particularly Excel, VBA & SQL;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Ability to build strong working relationships within management and the business areas;
* Previous experience of successfully managing projects to completion;* Ability to work in an international environment; and
* Desire to be involved in wider corporate issues.
What's on Offer
- Excellent compensation
- Work life balance
- Great exposure to senior management team