Work-from home flexibility
Exposure to areas outside of audit
About Our Client
The clients are in the energy space.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Conduct high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines and budgets.
- Evaluate key risks and internal controls, develop and/or review audit programs/risk & control matrices.
- Lead audit opening and closing meetings and work assigned as appropriate.
- Perform/review testing procedures including, but not limited to, detailed tests of controls including sampling/confidence levels, analytical procedures, Computer Assisted Audit Techniques.
- Create high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language, documenting audit work performed and results by preparing/reviewing work papers.
- Identify/document audit issues clearly articulating issue/root cause, risk/exposure, and recommendations for improvement.
- Document processes and sub-processes in the form of walkthrough narratives, and flow charts for audit areas in scope, with the assistance of Auditors, as applicable.
- Participate in "integrated" internal control audits as necessary including evaluating IT general controls with the assistance of the IT Audit team members, as appropriate.
- Coach, and mentor auditors, interns, and new hires; provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members.
- Develop and execute complex data analysis routines and visualize the results of analytics, interpret the results and train team members in data analysis techniques and tools.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Accounting, Finance or equivalent discipline.
- Three years to five years experience in auditing, preferable from a combination of Big 4 organization and/or major corporation. CPA, CIA or MBA preferable.
- Good working knowledge of relevant auditing concepts and techniques and thoroughly familiar with COSO, GAAP, GAGAS, FERC, FASB and IIA standards.
- Sound analytical abilities and ability to interpret large volumes of data to identify potential audit issues and develop practical cost-effective solutions; experience acquiring client data, then transforming, mapping, cleansing, and preparing data for analysis.
- Good ability in recognizing audit issues and developing realistic and practical recommendations.
- Good understanding of IT general controls.
- Good understanding of sampling strategies and confidence levels and use of data analytics.
What's on Offer
- Work-from home flexibility
- Minimal travel
- Exposure to areas outside of audit