- Mostly Remote opportunity due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Growing Organization building out Internal Audit Department
About Our Client
Non-for-profit client specializing in healthcare looking to grow out it's internal audit department.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Leads audits with limited supervision from Audit Managers and Team Leads to completion within defined time periods and budgets.
- During audit engagements, responsible for leading a team of auditors and providing guidance, delegation, and feedback.
- Lead the execution of all financial audit activities including the performance of risk assessments, scoping, planning, fieldwork, testing, administration of self-assessments, and reporting
- Supervise and assist in the development of Internal Audit staff.
- Identify risks, evaluate key control activities within important processes and develop recommendations to help management improve the business.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to various levels of management.
- Prepare and share a draft of the audit report with local management for discussion and coordination of their action plans to address each issue.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Risk Management.
- CPA or CIA certificate highly desirable; MBA a plus.
- Three+ years' experience in corporate audit, accounting, public accounting or consulting.
- Strong proficiency in internal auditing principles and best practices.
- Experience within the non-for-profit or heathcare space is a plus
- Experience within grant accounting is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Tableau or Python to develop data analytical audit techniques.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with remote flexibility and strong benefits.