- Great Opportunity to Join a Sustainable Energy Company
- Chance to Join a Small Team filled with Passion
About Our Client
Our Client is a sustainable energy and environmental solutions company, currently revolutionizing the material supply chain with its patented Novel Plasma Based Direct Li-ion Battery Recycling process to produce high-quality cathode active
materials from spent lithium-ion batteries.
The Senior Battery Scientist/Engineer's primary responsibility includes development of new energy materials and energy storage technologies. The prospective candidate is expected to follow through from cradle to adult stages of the product: based on the performance requirement, ensure comprehensive qualification and validation of the design, transfer developed technology to scale up and manufacturing teams.
- Serve as team member in different projects
- Assist in preparing reports, publications and oral presentations
- Assist in writing proposal and communicating and maintaining the relationship with program manager
- Product design: from concept to scale up including all ancillary requirements. (ie; regulatory, testing, etc.)
- Project management: project conceptualization, execution, management, and reporting
- Process improvement: Product development system operations, development and characterization of new processes, and improvement of existing process to improve battery performance
- Design of experiment (DOE) at development level
- Failure analysis (FMEA), including validation testing, and root cause analysis
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Doctoral degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related discipline. Post-doctoral experience in US national labs is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in the material/battery or related industry
- Have been conducting laboratory research; battery or fuel cell discovery experience preferred.
- Capable of designing and executing research programs
- Broad technical expertise and a desire to work in a laboratory focused role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Record of publications and/or patents
What's on Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Flat Organizational structure
- Small team full of passion
- Start-up culture and unrestricted career development opportunities
- Co-founders are all pioneers deep in the industry for many years