- Rapidly growing company with great opportunity for career growth
- High visibility role with direct access to senior leadership
About Our Client
My client is a mid-sized manufacturing conglomerate within the mechanical engineering space. They are fast growing with a family owned business type of culture. The Senior Buyer is a great opportunity for someone that wants to grow with a rapidly growing global manufacturer.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Recommends products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimates values according to knowledge or market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Prepares comparatives and Purchase orders.
- Routinely visits key suppliers to determine their ability to create and deliver quality materials.
- Attends trade shows and appropriate seminars for continued improvement of our processes and supplier knowledge.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery,product quality or performance.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable parts or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine the source of trouble and takes corrective action.
- Approves freight invoices for payment. Expedites late or potentially late deliveries.
- Advises production planning of any potential or real problems.
- Maintains a professional/open relationship with vendors.
- Monitors open order reports.
- Audits questionable invoices for payment by A/P.
- Establishes new vendor contacts and develops second sources.
- Perform cross training and role rotation as directed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Procurement experience in direct materials (metals, mechanical components, steel, finished goods etc.)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the Senior Buyer is $70,000 - $75,000 plus bonus potential.