rise to leadership role within 2 years
health, vision, dental, as well as a PTO package
About Our Client
My client is located in the south east suburbs of Chicago, is a manufacturer of railroad equipment and products, having served customers domestic and international. In addition, they have been redefining the railroad industry standards by providing exceptional service and equipment.
The ideal Senior Buyer will be responsible for:
- Overlooking $54M in spend
- Strategically sourcing new suppliers across various commodities
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Maintaining or enhancing on time delivery metrics, currently at 97%
Responsibilities are subject to change as the role evolves.
The Successful Applicant
My client requires the Senior Buyer to have:
- A college degree or equivalent business experience.
- A minimum of 3 years direct Purchasing and/or Supply Chain experience.
- Direct procurement experience with commodities such as castings, steel, electrical and/or hydraulics.
- The ability to travel as necessary.
- Passed a mandatory pre-employment drug screen.
What's on Offer
My client is offering an extremely competitive compensation package that includes:
- Salary - $75,000 to $85,000 (plus bonuses based on performance)
- Benefits - health, vision, dental, as well as a PTO package.