Senior Construction Accountant/Manager
401k and Benefits
About Our Client
A leader in construction, the company is seeing an immense amount of growth and success in the last few years.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Enter and maintain project budgets, phase codes, schedule of values, budget re-alignments
- Assist Project Manager with monthly cost projections and accurate fee reporting
- Create monthly owner pay applications for Project Manager review, including organizing support documents and reports
- Create, Process and Track Subcontracts, PO's, Work Orders and Change Orders
- Work with Risk Management as needed on vendor contract agreements
- Manage subcontractor pay application process in software (GCPay)
- Follow up on vendor Schedule of Values submission and approval
- Check all documents and pay applications for payment
- Answer all subcontractor inquiries
- Review SL Compliance regularly & send notices to vendors. Escalates issues to Project Manager when necessary.
- Prepare and release payments to Subcontractor upon funding, including lien releases
- Manage process when lien notices are received and/or liens are filed
- Manage Certified Payroll compliance when required (LCP Tracker)
- Prepare analysis of accounts and assist with audit inquiries
- Organize and maintain digital project files through designated software tools and hard copies as needed for project team. Ensures field paperwork is properly scanned and saved.
- Notarize documents
The Successful Applicant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two-year college degree or applicable experience
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products with an emphasis on Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Sage 100 or Timberline experience is a must
5 + Years construction accounting experience is required.
4 Year College Degree in Accounting or Finance
What's on Offer
- Great Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- 401K Match