Senior Construction Superintendent
Superintendent for $50 million projects in the Detroit area
$100,000+ salary plus bonus and FULL benefits
About Our Client
My construction client is one of the largest GCs in the entire Midwest. They pride themselves on their customer service being second to none. Their current construction pipeline has been growing non-stop and they have an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior Superintendent with strong leadership skills.
- Performs a working estimate and coordinates a joint take-off with the Project Manager.
- Manage construction risk and liability for the company, including contracts, safety, insurance compliance, and quality control
- Lays out work for subordinate supervisors and lead persons, and is jointly responsible with the Project Manager for having material, tools, equipment, information and appropriate manpower in the proper place.
- Interfaces with representatives of the General Contractor on day to day project scheduling and overall performance issues.
- Provides general supervision to subordinate foremen engaged in the installation of electrical feeders; equipment such as pumps, motors, and generators; control and distribution apparatus such as switch gear, relays, and circuit breaker panels; lighting fixtures and outlets; and related connections and terminations.
- Monitors work as performed, directs subordinate supervisors and crews, and schedules work accordingly
- Handles or oversees the disposition of required office correspondence and administrative paperwork such as official forms, daily reports, time sheets/tickets, safety reports, etc.
- Is responsible overall construction project safety performance. Assures employees are properly trained or instructed in performance of duties to which assigned.
The Successful Applicant
Senior Superintendent with:
- 10+ years of construction experience
- Previous work as lead superintendent
- Bachelors degree in construction management or engineering a plus
- Proven track record: long term employment, stability in jobs, great references
- Strong leadership skills, detail oriented, strong computer skills
- Ability to train and coordinate a team
- Maintain relationships with clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines, scheduling, cost control, quality control and engineering drawings
What's on Offer
- $95,000 - $130,000 base salary
- Project based bonus
- Health care
- 401k with company match
- Vacation and sick days
- Free breakfast and lunch on site
- Completely paid for cell phone
- Gym reimbursement