Senior Controller- Leading Michigan GC
Great opportunity to join an established Civil Contractor as a Senior Controller
Full autonomy over the accounting department
About Our Client
Having been in business for over 75 years, this company is well known across the Midwest region as a leader within the Civil Contracting space. Built around a 'family' culture, they are offering the successful Controller a fun environment with a varied list of responsibilities. Based in Novi, Michigan, our client takes on projects from $500k- $30m in value across the Midwest region. The Senior Controller will oversee a team a 5 Accountants.
- Manage an accounting team consisting of a Senior Accountant, Project Accountant, Payroll Administrator, Human Resource Administrator and Accounts Payable.
- Remotely manage accounting functions and staff of a 2 different construction entities.
- Administer all internal and external financial reporting.
- Lead and coach local and remote staff.
- Develop and maintain internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Maintain reporting integrity and systems security.
- Manage cashflow and investments.
- Administer business insurance and benefit programs including plan audits.
- Coordinate financial and tax audits.
- Direct multi-state and local payroll tax returns, sales/use tax and corporate reporting requirements.
- Master accounting, payroll, job cost and human resource software platforms.
- Administer IT systems.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting by developing advanced level worksheets, graphs and formulas.
- Provide advanced level accounting support and hands-on assistance to all staff members.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Proven high level analytical ability with significant skills in financial modeling
- Possess Supervisory or Management Experience
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP
- Possess exemplary confidentiality standards
- Advanced experience with Excel
- Advanced experience with Full Service Financial Accounting Software
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to meet strict timeline requirements
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-directed and project/task follow-up
- Able to work in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven, and constantly changing business environment
- Experience dealing with banks and financial institutions
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Strong bonus potential
- 3 weeks of PTO + Sick Days + 11 public holidays
- Fun environment with flexible working