Senior Cost Accountant/Analyst
Clear career progression route into leadership position
Overall management of cost accounting with ability to grow your own team
About Our Client
We are working with a $300MM industry leading firm within the manufacturing space that has a strong presence in the Midwest area. This company has a well-established client base and only continues to scale and tap into new markets around the US. It's an exciting time to join the firm as they expect this person to be a strong leader in the future.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Perform cost accounting procedures and projects for our in-house manufacturing facility, including absorption rate review and monthly reconciliation
- Manage manufacturing overhead and material burden rate calculations and updates, landed cost estimates, manage warranty and repair accounting, including accruals, reconciliations, and cost analyses, PPV etc.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for closing and monthly budget reports.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs/variances and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Responsible for maintenance of the standard cost system and inventory valuations
- Coordinate with logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing to provide accurate accounting and management reporting related to product costs and inventory
- Assist in financial reporting process: monthly/quarterly/annual close processes
- Assist in annual audit procedures
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years experience in accounting role with exposure to cost accounting
- Inventory experience
- Experience in the manufacturing industry highly preferred
- CPA preferred
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary that's dependent on experience
- 2+ weeks PTO
- Generous benefits package
- Bonus potential
- Career growth opportunities with visibility to senior leadership