- Hybrid Manufacturing Costing Position for a Global Well-Established Business
- Newly created position due to Business Growth
About Our Client
The Senior Cost Analyst - Manufacturing will be a core part of both the Accounting and the Engineering/Operations team. This position is for a global business that have been established for multiple, multiple decades and continue to grow both their domestic and international operations. The position offers a flexible working schedule. If you would like to learn more please submit your resume for consideration.
- Manage all aspects of global cost accounting including standard cost updates, global transfer pricing and variance analysis
- Work closely with our accounting, engineering, and manufacturing engineering teams to establish the costing of new Billing of Materials and incorporate costing changes to existing Billing of Materials.
- Work closely with our production and manufacturing engineering teams to understand manufacturing processes and ensure that process steps are accurately reflected in the company's Billing of Materials.
- Maintain the company's cost accounting systems and materials ledger (sales/materials and inventory databases)
- Identify costing issues and recommend changes
- Analyze monthly cost variances, product mix analysis and costs of goods sold elements to understand profit margin to recommend cost savings opportunities and report on the gross margin
- Prepare accurate journal entries and supporting schedules in accordance with US GAAP for inventory, E&O, freight, overhead allocation, variances, etc.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of inventory (raw materials, work-in-process, and finished-goods).
- Monitor and analyze manufacturing variances to understand root causes, propose correcting journal entries (when required), and identify areas for improvement.
- Oversee the company's annual physical inventory count and daily cycle counts.
- Provide support and business recommendations for inter-company activity such as see-through profit analysis, and standard pricing and policy updates. Work with the key sales and financial people at all Bemis locations to best determine pricing on policies.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and year end support to the accounting department as needed. This support may include journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis.
- Proactively evaluate accounting processes and systems and contribute to the development, implementation, and continuous enhancement of procedures, process, and internal controls
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant should have the following skill sets and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Related Degree
- MBA or Master's Degree in Finance preferred but not essential
- Understanding of US GAAP and Complex Billing of Materials - essential
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or AX preferred
What's on Offer
The Senior Cost Analyst - Manufacturing will enjoy the following:
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Eligibility $90,000 - $115,000
- 401k plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Great opportunity for career growth and development.
If you would like to learn more - please submit your resume for further consideration.