Senior Counsel (Advertising, Contracts, IP)
Exciting role with global media company, part of a dynamic legal team.
Role will focus on advertising, commercial and IP legal matters.
About Our Client
Our client is a global media company with a focus in the advertising, marketing and PR space.
The Senior Counsel will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel and will be an integral member of the legal team. Main responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including: data/IP licenses, agency agreements, client agreements, celebrity talent agreements, digital agreements, advertising agreements, marketing agreements, terms and conditions, vendor agreements, and software agreements
- Advise and counsel internal clients in reference to the planning, buying, and placement of traditional, mobile, social, and digital media, as well as the execution of digital marketing and custom content integration programs
- Review all advertising materials for issues from a legal perspective, including false advertising, copyright and trademark issues, right of privacy, and right of publicity
- Ensure all advertising materials are compliant with FTC regulations, Children's Advertising Review Unit (CARU) guidelines, state laws, individual client agreements and other industry specific regulations
- Conduct preliminary trademark searches and review full trademark searches
- Create proprietary templates and forms and ensure contract management database is continuously updated
- Communicate issues to clients in a timely and effective manner
- Advise clients on privacy matters relating to online advertising and data management
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school
- Member of a US State Bar, in good standing
- 6+ years of experience as an Associate at a top law firm ideally combined with experience as an in-house attorney in a similar role
- Must be highly experienced in the legal advertising and marketing field. Specific experience with advertising review and FTC/CARU compliance required
- Significant commercial contract negotiation and drafting experience
- Experience negotiating, drafting and managing compliance with talent agreements including for performers and social media influencers
- Experience negotiating and drafting all production-related services agreements such as location and facility agreements and supplier contracts
- Knowledge of guild and union agreements and laws and regulations governing advertising creation and distribution, including and Federal Trade Commission guidelines and policies, particularly as governing Native Advertising and Endorsements & Testimonials
- Ability to successfully partner with internal clients in order to achieve results
- Proven ability to use strategic thinking and excellent business judgment to provide practical legal advice to senior management
What's on Offer
Excellent growth opportunity, competitive compensation and bonus structure, great benefits!