- Chance to Join Aerospace Component Manufacturer with 60 (+) Year History
- Candidates Outside of Aerospace Encouraged to Apply!
About Our Client
Our Client has been been supplying the commercial, business jet, military, rotorcraft and spacecraft markets for over 65 years. More specifically, our Client produces advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors.
The candidate must have a proven track record of designing, simulating, and laying out complex analog and digital circuits, preferably for sensor signal conditioning applications, in a fast-paced environment. A solid understanding of basic sensor principles is imperative to development of the interfacing electronic hardware. The candidate must be well-versed in other aspects of engineering disciplines to facilitate the electronic packaging, integration, and testing necessary to complete the product development in a timely manner paying close attention to cost, quality and performance.
- Handle all aspects of new and sustaining electrical design work, including concept circuit design, schematic capture, simulation, and PCB layout of integrated electronics within aerospace sensor transducers.
- Lead and manage project(s) for development and delivery of high-performance sensors through phase gated review process with support from cross-functional team.
- Develop analytical models of sensor systems during the concept and early development phase to validate initial design methodology. Design electronic hardware to match analytical performance.
- Incorporate commercially available integrated circuits, OpAmps, ASICs, and other passive and active components together to meet system accuracy, temperature compensation, power input and EMI protection requirements, supported by strong analog and digital simulation activities.
- Layout of all printed circuit boards for engineering test and production using OrCAD design tools.
- Develop front end electronics to meet rigorous aerospace EMI standards (DO-160, MIL-STD-810).
- Develop and own the electrical system bill of materials with a focus on cost and obsolescence management.
- Hands-on testing and debugging of fabricated circuitry required with minimal supervision.
- Support the delivery of high-quality product to the production team via the Production Readiness process with a cross-functional, collaborative mindset.
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to ensure the timely procurement of materials and properly timed execution of work orders to maintain on-time-delivery of products throughout the NPD phase.
- Contributes to the expansion of Intellectual Property portfolio by providing innovative solutions to technical challenges within the aerospace industry.
- Able to travel domestic and international up to 15%.
- To conform with US export regulations and ITAR 120.15 and EAR Part 772, incumbents for this role must be eligible for any required authorizations from the US government.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of designing and simulating complex analog circuits preferably for sensor signal conditioning applications in aerospace or similar environments.
- Strong numerical computational experience (Matlab, MATHCAD, or related) to develop and validate real-work sensor models prior to designing the circuit architecture.
- Intricate knowledge of the design and use of aerospace sensor components and related systems, including but not limited to temperature sensors (thermocouples and RTDs), speed sensors (variable reluctance and Hall effect) pressure sensors, proximity sensors and flow sensors along with fixed wing, rotary, and engine harnesses.
- Possess an innovative, forward-thinking mentality to facilitate concurrent R&D initiatives.
- Must be able to work with customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns, and provide project status.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to make technical presentations to internal and external customers.
- Well-versed in general mechanical, electrical and software systems used in the operation of aviation sensor products or their manufacture.
- Ability to set priorities to meet internal & external customer demands.
- Must be highly organized, a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Must be incredibly detail orientated and be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 20 lbs.
- Work in an office and manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
- Avenues for growth available within Client's network of sister companies!
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time
- 401k with Company Match