Senior Development Manager - Renewable Energy
Green field development to commercial, pre-construction stage
Renewable Energy Projects (Wind & Solar)
About Our Client
Leading Renewable Energy Developer / Operator in N. America.
- Manage process to move projects from green field development to commercial, pre-construction, and through construction stages.
- Effectively manage green field and existing projects to ensure schedule and budget objectives are achieved
- Coordinate feasibility studies and project development activities with cross functional resources, peers, and outside consultants to ensure projects stay on track
- Negotiate land rights acquisition with landowners and address land use issues
- Work with Environmental Manager to define, apply for and manage complex federal, state, and local environmental, construction, and related permits, and support community outreach efforts with stakeholders
- Coordinate wind resource assessment activities with Wind Analysis staff
- Work with Power Marketing staff to manage interconnection studies, load flow analyses, and assist in PPA negotiations
- Identify and communicate any project risks and develop mitigation strategies for all stakeholders
- Identify and introduce new potential joint venture partners, project acquisition opportunities and green field opportunities
- Identify and develop relationships with stakeholders; effectively communicate with a range of personalities, including land owners, partners, government officials, technical experts, utilities, and consultants
- Prepare and present detailed project analysis to key company stakeholders including presentation of key financial metrics
- Effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Actively participate in development of business cases for growth in the North American market.
- Coordinate with other corporate departments both domestic and international
- Ensure that timelines and budgets are effectively managed.
The Successful Applicant
The right "Senior Development Manager - Renewable Energy" should have -
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Physical Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated previous experience in energy development, specifically wind energy and/or solar PV and/or energy storage projects. Understanding of deregulated electricity markets.
- Previous experience (5 years minimum) in a relevant project management position with proven track record of building, leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team, preferably in the renewable energy or other power generation industry concentration in renewable energy industry is a plus.
What's on Offer
As a "Senior Development Manager - Renewable Energy" you will be earning between $125,000 and $150,000, plus a competitive package.
Located in Dallas.