- Dynamic, fast-growing international biotech seeking Sr. Director of BD
- Become a part of the discovery and development of cutting edge medical solutions
About Our Client
Established, global clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to developing novel vaccines and biologic therapeutic candidates for infectious diseases as well as cancer and autoimmune diseases.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Execute on Business Development, Licensing, Search and Evaluation and M&A efforts. Work with portfolio strategy, research and development and other stakeholders to identify promising external assets to support the business development strategy
- Contribute to the continued development and refinement of corporate BD strategy
- Prepare BD business cases by working cross-functionally to identify key risks and opportunities as well as inputs/drivers for financial model
- Strong negotiation skills: ability to represent company interests and engage global and local partners
- Lead/support term sheet and contract negotiations with external and internal parties
- Perform financial modeling to inform valuation, deal terms and structuring
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to develop and lead business development efforts and implement a robust external partnering strategy
- Act as ambassador for the organization at conferences
- Coordinate Deal Committee meetings to review and provide timely input/decisions on opportunities
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. in finance or biomedical sciences required; MBA is a strong plus
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in biotech/pharma business development
- Experience conducting transactions at a top life sciences investment bank or private equity firm is a plus
- Familiarity with financial and deal modeling
- Proven track record of deal execution in biotech
- Ability to travel (15%)
- Understanding of biotech/pharma sector
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary.
- Remote position, ideally on East Coast. Some travel required.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Directly responsible for expanding the company's strategic growth.