Senior Director of Engineering - Medical Devices
Senior leadership role with growing Medical Device company in greater Boston
Must have electro-mechanical device engineering experience
About Our Client
Our client is a Medical Device company based in the Boston Metro North area.
The Senior Director of Engineering will report to the CEO and be responsible for leading the company's Engineering function comprised of Mechanical, Electrical, and Software Engineering in the development of electro-mechanical instruments. The company is seeking someone who has prior senior leadership experience within a Medical Device/Biotechnology company and who has experience with electro-mechanical devices (Software background is not a must have).
- Primary responsibilities include the identification, development, and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Lead Engineering activities related to full-cycle product development, including design, verification and validation, manufacturing transfer, etc.
- Support multi-disciplinary Engineering team in the development of existing and new products.
- Maintain Design Control procedures and ensure strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies for product design.
- Act as technical resource for teams such as Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, etc.
- Serve as a leader and work to build a strong, positive, and results oriented culture.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (ME/EE/SW) or Physics; Masters degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with Engineering product development.
- Electro-mechanical instrumentation experience.
- Prior experience in a regulated environment (Medical Device/Biotechnology).
- Prior management experience with Engineering professionals.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need of sponsorship now or in the future.
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.