- Leading manufacturer of valve automation and fluid power solutions
- Looking for a talented electrical/electromechanical engineering professional
About Our Client
Leading manufacturer of valve automation and fluid power solutions
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Leading R&D and lab activities developing new products as well as improvements in current products. Creating test plans for qualification and acceptance testing also as needed, in considerations of respective safety agency requirements.
- Managing projects and responsible for project schedules and ensuring deadlines are always met.
- Interaction with other departments such as Purchasing, Sales, QC and Manufacturing.
- Preparing reports to document the results of design studies, trade studies, failure analyses, and test programs.
- As needed prepare prototype assemblies and perform tests.
- Checking and/or approving engineering documents such as but not limited to 3D models; 2D detailed drawings; lab reports; etc.
- Working with suppliers to address any issues and/or reviewing new products. Also, reviewing, and approving production samples supplied to Engineering.
- Assisting assembly department with technical production issues.
- Utilizing Engineering simulation programs to facilitate design.
- Accompanying sales members visiting customers for new applications and/or addressing field issue.
- Coordinating activities related to ISO documentations such as FMEA, SWOT, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Electrical Engineering or Electromechanical Engineering degree (min Bachelor of Science) with 5-10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Hands on experience in Electrical and Mechanical principles and design of Electro-Mechanical systems such as electromagnetic solenoids.
- Knowledge of North American and/or European industry standards (i.e., UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx, etc.)
- Computer skill and hands-on experience with various MS applications.
- Familiar with Functional Safety as related to FMEDA and capable of preparing FMEDA reports associated with Functional Safety directive(s).
- Familiar and have hands on experience with Engineering simulation software such as EFD Flow or Ansys Maxwell.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, benefits package, and future career opportunities