Senior Estimator - Commercial Construction - Hagerstown, MD
Chance for Ownership with Company!
Very little company turnover!
About Our Client
My client is General Contractor located in Hagerstown, MD. They were founded in 1958. The company focuses on new construction projects. Their biggest sectors are Churches, Education, Airports, Hospitality, and live Civil projects. Most of their projects are new construction ranging from $1 million - $10 million and all of their work is within 100 miles of the office.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Essential duties include RFP proposal responses, conceptual budgeting, CM trade package bidding and lump sum bidding situations to be delivered under various construction delivery methods
- Update and maintain estimating software, support services, departmental reference materials, department data, the Master Call Sheet and Master Estimate template and other technologies.
- Review bidding document submitted by clients and identify specific requirements necessary for a complete bid; identify and generate missing information. Attend PreBid meetings and site visits to prepare for bids.
- Develop a detailed estimate template, customized for each bid; perform take-offs and in-house pricing as required to assist with estimates. Develop budget and enter in draft estimate.
- Maintain a of list prequalified subcontractors, suppliers and vendors. Identify and solicit new subcontractors, suppliers and vendors for bids as needed. Remain knowledgeable of the marketplace to ensure adequate subcontractor, supplier and vendor database.
- Develop and maintain a Call Sheet for each bid; develop a Bid Invitation and use for direct solicitation of bids.
- Review subcontractor bids and determine if the bid is subject to special exclusions or reservations. Evaluate the bid to ensure it covers the scope of work, enter subcontractor pricing into estimate template.
- Identify gaps in the estimate to be covered with in-house estimate; provide in-house estimates as needed.
- Identify and document qualifications and clarifications required for each bid. Submit with bid unless submission would render the bid non-responsive; prepare and submit a responsive bid as required by the client.
- Review estimate (general contractor, and overhead and profit) prior to bid submission.
- Award subcontracts.
Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 48 hours of submission. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted promptly by Isaiah Bess for further discussion.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years' experience as an Estimator with a GC and 2+ years in managing other estimators
- Experience using On Screen Takeoff and Excel
- SmartBid experience a plus or similar software application
- Ability to write, modify, and collaborate on specific scopes of work
- Must have working knowledge of the subcontractor market in the Northern VA area
- Experience managing buyout process with success
What's on Offer
- Chance for Ownership and profit sharing plan
- Competitive base salary, dependent on experience
- Generous 401K plan, including company match
- Generous performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive Paid Vacation Time
- Collaborative, team orientated environment, with a strong company culture and collective mission
- Competitive health benefits