- Strong base salary + benefits + 401K + Car allowance + laptop + Phone
- Hybrid working model
About Our Client
Our client is one of Chicago's biggest general contractor developer. Founded in 1999, the company's headquarters is located here in Chicago, but they also have offices in New Jersey and Wisconsin. Their total headcount is around 70 employees and they have a very diverse portfolio with a high repeat client rate. Last year they brought in over $250M worth of revenue and expect to keep growing. Additionally our client offers terrifice health insurance and lots of room for growth and advancement.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Prepare work to be estimated by gather proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Perform conceptual, schematic, and design development budgets
- Review plans for consistency and accuracy
- Manage all levels of take-offs while applying unit prices
- Collaborate with others on the pre-construction team to successfully bid jobs
- Develop into a leader within the estimating team
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of two years of relevant construction estimating experience in various general commercial building markets.
- Broad range of project experience - previous ground-up experience is required.
- Experience with mid to large project size - Typical project will be $10mil+
- Experience in the private sector is preferred.
- Light industrial experience is a big plus.
- General working proficiency using estimating and takeoff software, such as WinEst, On-Screen Takeoff, and Microsoft programs.
What's on Offer
- Generous base salary
- Opportunity for company bonuses
- Excellent benefits, including health-care and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k company match
- Opportunity to lead a Pre-construction Team