Senior Estimator - Construction
Work for a 100 year old general contractor
Diverse Portfolio of Projects
About Our Client
The client is a full-service general contractor who has been working in the Chicagoland area for over 100 years. They have an excellent backlog of projects and are looking for an Estimator to help with conceptual estimating. They specialize in K12, religious and senior living projects covering ground-up and interiors projects. A few more highlights include:
- $150M+ a year in revenue
- Family owned business with an excellent reputation in the industry
- Competitive salaries and bonus potential
- Fully covered health benefits for the employee
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As an Estimator you will:
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, soils reports and existing site conditions to determine scope of work.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Coordinate bid preparation requirements with the Contract Administrator.
- Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required, and report findings to Chief Estimator
- Coordinate pre-bid RFI's prior to specification cutoff date.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete take off of scope of work.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Maintain files of working documents as backup for estimating figures.
- Monitor post bid submission dates towards contract procurement
- Ensure proper project handoff if project is taken over by another PM/Team.
- Interface with Owner and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Prepare budgets, subcontracts, purchase orders and assist in preliminary project schedules.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned. May include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material, monitoring progress, cost/budget, revenue, etc.
- Mentor and manage Junior Estimators and Interns as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
The Estimator should have:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in construction management or engineering
- 10+ years of experience in estimating and preconstruction
- Experience estimating commercial projects, K12 and/or healthcare a plus
- Experience working as a Senior Estimator for a general contractor
- Ability and desire to get promoted into the Chief Estimator position
What's on Offer
The Estimator will receive:
- Salaries up to 140k plus bonus
- Car allowance available
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects - senior living, religious, k12, interiors
- 401K match at 3%
- Fully covered health insurance for employee
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Standard PTO and holidays
- Excellent reputation in the industry