Senior Estimator - Life Sciences/Academic - Boston, MA
Work on projects across life sciences, academic, healthcare, and defense
100% paid health and dental insurance!
About Our Client
My client is a small-mid size general contractor based in Boston, MA. As a company, they have an annual revenue of $100M. Their projects are focused within the life science, academic, health-care, and defense contractor space typically valued between $1M and $30M. They are a very reputable with majority of their projects coming from repeat clients. The estimating team currently has 6 members, but due to continued growth they are looking to bring on a strong Senior Estimator.
As the Senior Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Determine bid work feasibility.
- Keep updated on pricing and technology.
- Cost evaluation.
- Assist with preparation of general contracting proposals, participate in presentations, and responsible for closing sales.
- Put together bid package and compile analysis relative to bid work.
- Review final estimate packages.
- Coordinate the project cost estimating process with project staff.
- Calculate material quantity requirements.
- Establish relationships with subcontractors, material suppliers and other industry professionals.
- Meet trade bid requirements.
- Ability to provide both conceptual estimates of cost and detailed line item budgeting for projects in various stages of development and design.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction Technology, or related field
- 10+ years of construction experience
- 7+ years of estimating required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects
- Strong computer systems knowledge
- Ability to manage client relationship and customer service skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- 100% paid health and dental benefits
- 3% 401K contribution
- Immediate vesting!
- Flex schedule
- 2 weeks PTO and 5 sick days