Senior Estimator - Public/Private - Baltimore, MD
Be the number two person in the estimating department!
Specialist Construction GC who adds real value to the community!
About Our Client
My client is Design/Build construction company. They are General Contractors who, have been in business since 1988. All of their work has been Commercial in both the Public & Private Sectors. Universities, Hospitals, Defense Contractors, and High-Tech spaces, are among a few of the project types. Most of their work is in Montgomery and Howard County, Frederick, and Baltimore.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
A few of the Key Responsibilities for the Senior Estimator:
- The Senior Estimator will be responsible for managing a team of six estimators.
- Prepare conceptual estimates for negotiated and hard bid projects.
- Ability to review bids against plan to ensure full scope of work is covered.
- Assist with pricing change orders if required.
- Attend pre-bid meetings as needed.
- Review estimates to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal submission.
Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 48 hours of submission. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you will be contacted promptly by Isaiah Bess for further discussion.
The Successful Applicant
There are many qualities that my client is looking for in a successful Senior Estimator! This successful, specialist construction General Contractor are looking for their new candidate, to lead small, close-knit bid team, that are working on high volume projects.
Other Qualifications that make up a great candidate:
- A proven background in estimating within a general contracting environment.
- Previous experience working on both new construction and renovations of Hospitals, Universities, Public Safety Buildings, Schools and more.
- Ten or more year's experience in an estimating capacity.
- The ability to estimate jobs in the $5M - $20M range.
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, and Excel is required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary, dependent on experience.
- Leadership role and Room for growth.
- Generous 401K plan, including company match.
- Generous performance related bonus scheme.
- Competitive Paid Vacation Time.
- Collaborative, team orientated environment, with a strong company culture and collective mission.
- Company Outings
- Competitive health benefits.
- Gas Card