Grow within this large construction organization
Utilize your skills with a Top Civil GC
About Our Client
Large Marine Construction and Dredging contractor with a focus on Bridges as well.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyses plans and specifications.
- Performs site visit(s) and meets with owners and designers if required.
- Prepares take-offs.
- Prepare budgetary estimates.
- Establishes means and methods of construction and performs engineering analyses to support means and methods
- Prepares costs analysis for certain or all portions of the projects.
- Solicits quotes from subcontractors and vendors
- Prepares construction schedule and performs cash-flow analyses.
- Closes out bids and assists in preparation of supporting documentation.
- From time to time, visits projects and prepares costs analyses.
- Assist Area Manager in attracting new business through contacts/visits with potential owners and engineering companies.
- Assists cost control dept. with analysis of project cost data.
- Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an "Incident and Injury Free" work environment
- Directly supervises Staff Engineers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and appraising performance, disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years of experience in Heavy Civil Estimating
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Proficient in HCSS - Heavy Bid and Microsoft Office
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- Ability to navigate project sites, which may include walking, climbing, bending
- Ability to work in extreme hot and cold weather conditions
What's on Offer
Very competitive Salary + Benefits