Ability to work on great projects and strengthen your estimating background!
Well run, established company!
About Our Client
Leading commercial developer that provides top-quality construction management, general contracting and design/build services to its clients. The company is located in Portland and works within the city doing primarily commercial office projects.
The Senior Estimator - Commercial Office Projects is responsible for:
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, ensuring all items incorporated in the assigned scopes and priced accurately.
- Perform constructability analyses through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Develop and define accurate and concise estimate clarifications and assumptions.
Obtain clarifications on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
- Communicate with architects, owners and consultants to clarify scope of work.
- Direct, coordinate and provide information and documents to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Build relationships with subcontractors and clients to gain respect and confidence.
- Analyze subcontractor proposals for completeness in required scope of work.
- Keep current with the latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Demonstrate basic conceptual estimating skills by interpreting data.
- Supply Value Engineering when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction Technology, or related field
- 10+ years of construction experience
- 7+ years of estimating required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects
- Strong computer systems knowledge
- Ability to manage client relationship and customer service skills
What's on Offer
A few of the many perks offered by our client are:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonuses
- Full benefits package