- Join an Internationally Recognized Organization in the Aviation Space
- Client is Actively Hiring | Onsite Position
About Our Client
Our Client is an internationally recognized organization, with a 50+ year history in the state of Connecticut, serving as a manufacturer of high-performance bearings and engineered products for aerospace, defense, space, power, marine and industrial machinery.
Oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, environmental, and waste management.
- Maintain the efficient day-to-day operations of facilities including the timely delegation of and/or completion of maintenance work orders.
- Responsible for developing detailed budgets and short/long-range facilities plans for projects based on company growth and future needs. Monitor expenditures and identify variances while implementing corrective actions.
- Monitor budgets and approve contracts including overseeing contractors involved in facility projects and delivery of services.
- Ensure building operations comply with all local zoning laws. Assist with maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures while complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Partner with Operations teams to identify problems, conduct root cause analysis, and analyze solutions/requirements for optimal resolution of challenging equipment and building issues.
- Proactively address potential points of failure on equipment issues, take ownership of downtime and cycle time stoppages as a result of equipment failures, and help to implement upgrades to maintain cell effectiveness.
- Create KPI's to measure performance of the facility team and manage these resources efficiently and effectively through the use of these KPI's.
- Track, manage, and visually display data on equipment performance, spare parts inventories, including KPI's that proactively measure mean-time-between-failure of equipment.
- Champion Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) throughout the factory and educate leaders and operators on Lean methods/tools for Total Employee Involvement (TEI) for optimal equipment performance.
- Work collaboratively with Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering teams to promote new technology and skills development throughout the organization.
- Build a strong Facilities team that promotes internal growth, progressive learning, and succession planning.
- Participate and lead continuous improvement events that support company goals for improved OEE, equipment performance, safety, and productivity.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering fields or equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus.
- 7 years of progressive experience working in a manufacturing environment with mechanical, electrical, automation/robotics, and process controls.
- Strong Project Management experience with PMP Certification a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to design and write requirements and ROI's for the procurement of capital equipment used in manufacturing and testing of product and processes.
- Ability to collaborate closely with external vendors/contractors and/or internal design teams to develop, deploy and qualify equipment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage various priorities and timelines and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Strong hands-on attitude and ability to spend significant time on the factory floor, being involved at the detail level.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong industrial automation background and factory floor controls (i.e. PLCs, MES, Industry 4.0, etc.)
- Self-starter, capable of identifying needs and implementing solutions without help.
- Strong trust partner with Safety and Operations leadership to build effective team performance.
- Effective communicator must be comfortable communicating to cross-functional teams and executive management.
- Strong team player who thrives on working collaboratively with all functions.
- Ability to influence others and work within cross-functional teams to make critical decisions.
What's on Offer
- Bonus Eligible Position (10%)
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time