- Great opportunity at a leading banking institution.
- Offers growth in a competitive field.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial institution with an office in NYC.
Supports key regulatory deliverables including the Wholesale Banking FR Y-9C and TIC-D reporting.
* Responsible for the production of the consolidated general ledger process.
* Provides financial forecasting and finance support to the Wholesale CCAR team.
* Takes initiative to interpret and keep current on regulatory rule requirements and any internal business changes (e.g. new businesses or product launched) as it relates to US Wholesale activities and assesses downstream impacts to the regulatory reports being filed
* Proactively identify and action opportunities to improve and further automate existing processes and reporting within area of responsibility including the use of tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
* Continuously focus on further developing strong understanding of best practices from regulatory supervisors. Work closely with the Senior Manager to ensure strong data/ process governance and key controls and analytics for the US Regulatory Reporting team
* Support the alignment of current regulatory reporting processes with new processes as they are being implemented to ensure integrity of the regulatory reports being filed.
* Maintain and build upon existing procedure documents and processes by updating and performing ongoing review of all information required to support required returns; includes information gathering & manipulating data from source systems and working with business partners to source required information
* Assist the Senior Manager in working with financial reporting business partners to understand changes in accounting and financial results. Take part in monthly team variance discussions to facilitate regulatory reporting flux analysis process
* Support key departmental projects and initiatives
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor degree in Business/Accounting/Financial Management, with accounting designation preferred
* Proven analytical skills and sound judgment in a dynamic business environment
* The ability to translate high volumes of /complex reporting requirements and data into simple, consistent, and sustainable processes
* Demonstrated data aggregation and reconciliation skills
* Strong sense of process and data governance and strong attention to detail
* Highly motivated individual with a proven track record to deliver results
* A fluid, intuitive, and logical thinker with a high level of curiosity to learn and interest in determining and implementing process improvements
* Demonstrated time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
* Understanding of Wholesale Banking/Capital Markets businesses, products and associated balance sheet and P&L
* Collaborative, team player with ability to work individually
* Advanced Excel and MS Access skills required and Tableau or Alteryx skills/knowledge a plus
* Demonstrates the ability to manage up as well as laterally with business partners
* Familiarity with regulatory reporting requirements would be an asset
* Confident facilitation skills and strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working with business and senior management at all levels.
What's on Offer
Competitve pay, opportunity for growth, strong work environment