- Great Opportunity to Join an Industry Leader in the Specialty Gases Industry
- Flexible Work Schedule Available
About Our Client
Our Client, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, and serves as one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; is seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer to join their growing team and design, build, and test embedded firmware/software for wireless electronics products for the gas industry.
- Design, build, test, and document microprocessor based firmware for wireless electronic products from concept, feasibility, prototyping through production.
- Create embedded firmware and software in widely used software development environments (e.g. IAR Systems, AVR Studio, Eclipse, MPLab IDE).
- Create software design requirements, test plan and test results documentation for various platforms.
- Work closely with hardware engineers in specifying components for efficient firmware design.
- Working with hardware team and others, create and design PC based software to create production, manufacturing and product validation test fixtures
- Conduct system functional tests and troubleshoot products and equipment as required.
- Provide and continuously communicate time and cost estimates for projects.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to manufacturing.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years of experience designing, building, and testing firmware and hardware for embedded systems.
- Experience with Yocto Linux and real time operating systems (RTOS) for embedded systems.
- Experience generating firmware for 8-bit, 32-bit single or dual core microprocessor systems including use of peripheral devices such as A-D converters, voltage/current switches/regulators/controllers/monitors, batteries, solar panels, and charging system controllers in assembly, C or other higher languages. Familiarity with communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, Ethernet, TCP/IP, wireless networks desired.
- Experience working with FPGA firmware including but not limited to Verilog, VHDL etc.
- Experience with PC based software for controlling electronic products including but not limited to VB, Visual Studio. NET, C #, LabView.
- Experience with revision control applications and documentation, e.g. Git, GitHub, TortoiseGit, Doxygen
- Experience using oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and basic lab tools and instruments.
- Desired direct design experience with RF wireless communication technologies such as Wifi, 4G, 5G, Mesh network, Bluetooth, Sigfox and LoRa.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Comfortable using firmware development tools (IDE).
- Comfortable programming microprocessors/FPGAs using industry standard practices and tools.
- Comfortable documenting software and associated activities.
- Comfortable using typical tools to develop, test and troubleshoot firmware.
- Experience with mathematical and simulation tools a plus
- Basic knowledge of Google applications and Gmail
- Able to save and maintain electronic files
What's on Offer
- Bonus Eligible Position
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time
- 401k with Company Match