Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
To expand your experience as a transformational leader
To work in a dynamic team!
About Our Client
Our client is the nation's largest state public power organization. This organization is a leader in promoting energy efficiency, new energy technologies and electric transportation initiatives.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage, plan and coordinate activities performed by Accounts Payable staff in conjunction with timely and accurate processing of incurred charges including vendor invoices, employee related expenses and Transfer Service Agreement (TSA) transactions.
- Ensure internal controls around transactional processes are functioning as intended; develop control point documents, conduct self-assessment of those controls and document corrective actions/mitigation procedures.
- Problem solve for ERP system (SAP preferred) resolutions and work with IT to develop automated solutions.
- Explore Accounts Payable functionalities and implement robust process automation and the cash management improvement initiatives in partnership with cross functional teams.
- Work with various Accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate month end close process including reporting to various stakeholders.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of Procurement Credit Card charges and Travel Credit Card charges. Oversee monthly accrual process to obtain spends across the organization and reconciliation of the spend with open/closed PO's and invoices (three-way match).
- Oversee the processing of accurate 1099's for Account Payable as required by IRS, and research IRS rules in reporting extraordinary 1099's.
- Coordinate audit schedules and interface with external auditors in conducting interim and annual audit. Serve as a primary liaison between HQ and Site Account Payable in addressing issues related to day-to-day Account Payable, Procurement and Warehouse Receiving
- Responsible for efficient operation and customer service orientation of Accounts Payable.
- Provides leadership, supervision, guidance, support and continuing evaluation of staff and workload distribution.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent business experience.
- CPA is preferred.
- Minimum 5-years' experience working with SAP and/or any other ERP system.
- 10 + working experience in all aspects of Accounts Payable functions, of which a Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience working in General Accounting, including Month End Close, Internal Controls Reporting and Analytics.
- Previous exposure to business transformation and process improvement.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package