- Highly strategic role with a Global leader in its field
- Clear career growth path
About Our Client
FMCG, Retail, Consumer Goods
- This position is responsible for the operation of all analytics and quantitative data within the International Strategic Sourcing team, including the development of reporting tools, extracting insights from data, upskilling associates and more.
- Responsible for the development of a data strategy that focuses on the increased adoption of data by sourcing teams across our International markets.
- Responsible also for translating this strategy into an achievable roadmap of tools, products, process improvements and more while also managing its effective delivery, navigating the various technology, legal, cybersecurity and other processes.
- Build a strong foundation for the delivery of the data strategy through product management of a new International datalake, which will hold data from all internal and external procurement sources that are currently used and those on the roadmap to be used. This will involve requirements gathering, prioritization of data sources, navigating processes and more.
- Assisting in the improvement of data literacy of sourcing associates through the development and presentation of training materials that specifically relate business data and the various sourcing processes the COE provides. Specifically, this would look at providing training on where sourcing data (both internal and third party) is stored, how they can access it and tools and techniques that can be used to uncover insights to improve how data is used throughout the sourcing process.
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements to sourcing processes, using various tools including stakeholder interviews, data analytics, time-in-motion studies, and others. Working with the Technology team to develop and implement solutions for these improvements using tools such as RPA.
- Further developing relationships with sourcing associates, COE and International Sourcing leads in each market to uncover and understand challenges they may be experiencing that hinder them from using data more widely throughout the 7 step, category strategy, pipeline development, SRM or other processes. Using this information to then inform the data roadmap with the express focus of further embedding data into our work.
- Identify and develop use cases for advanced and predictive analytics, involving innovative thinking by taking multiple data sources to address a valuable business proposition. For example, utilizing commodity price forecasts with an understanding of key material inputs of an item to be sourced, to decide on whether the planned sourcing timeline should be brought forward or pushed back, based on whether the price forecasts show an increase or decrease.
- Managing all aspects of data analytics tools that are developed under the roadmap, including scoping, timeline, resourcing, quality assurance, uptime and more. Tools developed include but are not limited to; visualization dashboards in PowerBI, automated reporting suites, total cost of ownership models and more.
- Develop facilitation and presentation materials that are clear and effective to communicate objectives and their value proposition to cross functional stakeholders.
- Be continuously looking at opportunities both in the third-party marketplace and internally, to access new sources of data to supplement or benchmark existing work, or to expand into new areas.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 3 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area OR 5 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area.
- 2 years' experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
- Preferred Qualifications - You have advanced experience in data analytics and visualization tools
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (complex formulas, VBA macros)
- Python (pandas, numpy and other statistics modules)
- SQL (writing complex queries)
- PowerBI dashboard development.
What's on Offer
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.