- Hybrid WFH Opportunity
- Competitive Base Salary with a Growing Company
About Our Client
My client is a large start-up Manufacturing company in Boston looking for a Senior Manager, FP&A- Manufacturing to report into the Director FP&A. This is a newly created position in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that will be responsible for 2 different sites in the Boston Area. The company is in high growth mode and looking for the right candidate to help in their Finance department! If interested, please apply to the hybrid role below.
The Senior Manager FP&A - Manufacturing will lead all aspects of FP&A at the Sites, providing financial leadership, insights, planning and analysis to the Sites. This position will establish working relationships and methodologies with key stakeholders at the Sites. Executing on various planning cycles (Budget/Forecast/LRP), understanding staffing, manufacturing drivers, cost of goods, inventory, operating expenses, revenue, and compiling information into financial plans. This role will partner with Site leads for all functions, the Head of Manufacturing at each site and will need to establish key relationships with stakeholders.
- Primary FP&A business partner providing FP&A leadership to the Manufacturing Sites.
- Drive the annual budgeting and forecasting planning process for the Sites
- Provide analysis and insights in support of manufacturing plant business decision making
- Manage and explain site P&L, developing an in-depth understanding of key business drivers to incorporate into monthly commentaries, insights and recommendations
- Lead the forecasting and planning of Provisional Billing Rates and Revenue.
- Deliver accurate and timely monthly/quarterly business reporting packages and dashboards, interpret financial information, and communicate to the Site(s) management team.
- Deep insight into operating costs, personal, capex, inventory, reserves, obsolescence
- Pull together detailed actuals by Capital Project (POs / Invoices) to help Project Owners review status of their projects and track progress against budget
- Develop KPIs aligned with Site leadership, focused on performance drivers and key issues, risks and business drivers
- Support HQ and Site Accounting team during month-end Close accruals and reserves
- Partner with Accounting on proper maintenance of costing, standards, COGs and align in the FP&A planning tool
- Implement Budget controls and tracking mechanism to ensure operational controls and financial metrics for manufacturing and capital
- Provide support for pricing, purchasing and other commercial initiatives, partnering with commercial FP&A to understand commercial deliverables, goals and pipeline
- Approve Purchase Requisitions and new hire TBH Requisitions for the Sites
- Leverage existing and introduce new technologies to automate where possible
- Expand use of technology to bring efficiencies and self-service - Dashboards for both Financial and Operating metrics
- Participate in the implementation and ongoing utilization of the FP&A financial system(s)
- Lead scenario modeling and what-if analyses to support leadership decision-making
- Perform ad hoc analytics as required
- Create and sustain a culture of financial accountability and decision making built on solid financial understanding and analysis
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Manager, FP&A- Manufacturing will have the following qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance is desirable, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of financial planning and analysis experience with progressive responsibility; preference with exposure to manufacturing and commercial operations within biotechnology companies
- Government contracts, revenue rate calculation, compliance preferred
- Experience building and implementing processes from scratch
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (F.A.R) experience preferred
- Power BI, Tableau, or Spotfire experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint
- Knowledge of US GAAP and technical pronouncements
What's on Offer
The Senior Manager, FP&A - Manufacturing will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $130,000-$160,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 4 Weeks PTO
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match of 6%
- Fully Remote
- Added perks
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume for further consideration.