Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement
Lead a team of three high-performing analysts
F500 firm over 100 years old
About Our Client
My client is a globally diversified manufacturing conglomerate headquartered in North America. Their product line touches a wide variety of industries across dozens of operating companies leading a to a complex decentralized corporate environment. They offer an incredibly strong benefits package and are a talent-driven organization with a talent for internal talent development.
The Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement will be responsible for:
- Researching / analyzing spend, industry dynamics/trends, and stakeholder requirements of assigned categories - strategic formulation
- Sourcing of assigned categories, including RFPs / RFIs, selection criteria (in-source vs. out-source), and risk assessment - strategic evaluation
- Working closely with key stakeholders, develop sourcing strategy to reduce total cost of ownership
- Implementing results, including development of short-list and recommendation of supplier(s) selection, negotiation, agreement of contractual terms and conditions, piloting and transition plans
- Reviewing category through scorecards (cost/performance), periodic reporting of status, stakeholder feedback, supplier business reviews, demand management, improvement initiatives, updates of products and pricing
- Managing team of three analysts to support category strategy, including prioritizing workload, providing feedback, and driving results.
- Planning, adherence to policy, and use of process tools (e-suite - sourcing, contracts, auctions, etc)
- Managing individual and team development and other assigned duties
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement will have:
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- 6 - 10 years sourcing/procurement experience
- Functional knowledge of procurement, sourcing and/or category management; Experience sourcing or managing various indirect categories
- Strong Excel skills (e.g., basic financial modeling, pivot tables, able to navigate large data sets)
- Familiarity in a larger, decentralized organization on a global level
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement is commensurate with candidate experience. My client offers additional benefits such as strong health/life/dental/vision packages, full tuition reimbursement, and other incentives.