- Exciting opportunity with a Governmental organization in Saudi Arabia
- Looking at Terrestrial Ecology with a new Tourism & Heritage destination entity
About Our Client
Exciting opportunity to work for one of a kind project of Global Standards in Saudi Arabia with a vision to be a globally leading Tourism & Heritage destinations
The Terrestrial Ecologist will be responsible for setting up and managing terrestrial natural scientific research systems and studies (fauna, flora and land-based ecosystems), recovery and rehabilitation, sustainable reintroductions.
Duties - including but not limited to
- Continually review relevant studies and reports.
- Work with and manage consultants.
- Distil and report facts and findings most informative to the Integrated Development Management Plan for the land and its zonation plans.
- Analyse and establish terrestrial environmental best practise benchmarks
- Design and implement short-term, medium-term and long-term studies on species, habitat, climate and all related methodologies and budget requirements.
- Formulate environmental rehabilitation and ecological restoration plans including related programs and budgets.
- Conduct baseline studies, game counts and species census data gathering and update all species lists - birds, plants, reptiles, amphibians etc.
- Resolve detailed plans for re-introduction of locally extinct, endemic species - including related programs and budgets.
- Develop species-specific management plans and monitoring systems.
- Monitor the health and condition of all threatened and high priority species and initiate appropriate action to remediate if / when necessary.
- Map and monitor vegetation and habitat types on the and changes over time.
- Review and comment on regional, urban and special project development plans
The Successful Applicant
- Honours Degree or Master's Degree in Natural Science / Ecology
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the same or similar field
- In-depth knowledge of research and monitoring methods and their application
- Proven publication record is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of conservation practices and principles.
- The ability to integrate science and practical management practices
- Hands-on experience with environmental restoration and rehabilitation
- Field work experience
What's on Offer
- Competitive total rewards compensation on offer including Health-care and other benefits
- Exciting opportunity to work for one of a kind project of Global Standards in Saudi Arabia with a vision to be a globally leading Tourism & Heritage destinations