Senior MDM Data Governance Analyst
Global leader in financial services looking for Sr. Data Governance Specialist
Guaranteed opportunities for advancement and growth
About Our Client
A leading Global Financial Services Firm seeks a Data Provisioning Specialist ASAP. The role sits in the Data Management Office and has guaranteed opportunities for advancement and growth!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
In this role within the Data Management Office, this individula will be responsible for onboarding new data into the central data repository and provisioning it for use by data consumers, configuration of analytics environments that draw from the central data repository, data sandboxes for use with experimental data, and facilitating self-service data prep by data consumers.
The Successful Applicant
- Hands-on expertise in provisioning data at any level of maturity (i.e. from raw to integrated to curated) in a data warehouse environment.
- Expert ability to detect patterns in data and to apply best practices to the design of appropriate database architecture, schemas, and constraints within an enterprise data warehouse environment. *
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling with an industry-standard tool (e.g. Erwin).
- Experience with multiple data analysis patterns and relevant tools (e.g. canned reporting, visualization, and dashboards).
- Experience with multiple data ingestion patterns, (e.g. ETL, ELT, streaming, Change Data Capture (CDC), micro-batches, and self-service data preparation).
- Familiarity with cloud-native approaches to data warehousing, including raw data storage, scalable data stores, elastic compute, and support for multiple marts.
- Working knowledge of data governance dependencies on an enterprise analytics platform, including data quality, metadata management, and data catalog.
- Familiarity with the needs of data science / modeling use cases and relevant tools (e.g. Python, R) is a plus.
- Familiarity with agile (e.g. scrum, Kanban) and DevOps practices is a plus.
- Experience with command line interface (CLI) is not required but is a plus
- Experience with Java is not required but is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with stakeholders from senior management to junior staff.
- Proactively solves problems and seeks to own the resolution of issues throughout their lifecycle.
- Takes critical feedback in stride, and adjusts approaches accordingly.
What's on Offer
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.