- In-House Private Equity Position, working alongside Portfolio Managers
- Based in Boston, MA
About Our Client
My client is one of the leading private equity firms in Boston, MA. They are seeking a Senior Portfolio Accountant to join their Boston office. The position will be within the firm's portfolio management department, but work closely with the firm's investor relations, accounting, and deal teams. They are led by an industry titan.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Reporting directly into one for the firms Portfolio Managers, the analyst's primary responsibility will be to monitor, analyze and report upon the firm's portfolio companies, including creating quarterly and ad hoc reports for investors.
The role will have an integral role in supporting our operations team, investment activities and LP reporting process. This position is a strategic priority for the private equity firm and the successful candidate will have the potential for professional growth and advancement over time. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist the portfolio management team in preparing quarterly valuations, valuation reports, and valuation memoranda for the firm's investment committee.
- Track investment, financial, operational, and other key performance metrics for each portfolio company
- Analyze monthly portfolio company reporting packages and ensure that all financial information is received on a timely basis and entered into the firm's portfolio company reporting system
- Create, generate, and maintain standard investment and performance reports with the portfolio management and investor relations team to be used externally by the firm's limited partners
- Work with portfolio management, investor relations, accounting, and deal teams to generate custom reports on an ad hoc basis
- Assist investor relations on investor requests
- Support investor relations in preparing fundraising and related materials (including completing DDQs and RFPs)
- Contribute to quarterly investor reports and annual investor meeting materials
- Assist deal teams with establishment of portco plans to address critical ESG items post close (i.e. in 100 and 365 day plans)
- Tracking and monitoring of ESG KPI's in monthly and quarterly reporting
- Monitoring of required reporting of incidents
- Aid in the development of an ESG "playbook" for management teams
- Participate in the development of potential future ESG and/or impact related reporting (e.g. TCFD reporting)
- Assist in the development of Greenhouse Gas emissions tracking and accounting processes and procedures; help evaluate available commercial tools
- Participation in relevant industry ESG events
The opportunity is retained and exclusive to Michael Page Boston. Submit your resume today and it will be considered within 48 hours of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Deep understanding of accounting principles and finance concepts
- Ability to work in Boston, MA
What's on Offer
- $ 120,00 to $ 140,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Excellent company merch (company iPads, firm branded Canada Goose jackets, extravagant corporate events etc.)
- Excellent healthcare benefits, for employee and family.
- Competitive 401K contributions
- Boston's Back Bay working location
- The opportunity to work in a true, marketing leading, well-known Private Equity firm.