Senior Procurement Manager - Facility Services
Strategy oriented procurement position within the real estate industry
Looking for a self-starter with experience centralizing category strategy
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading Real Estate Investment and Property Management firms in the Chicago area. Headquartered locally, they are aggressively expanding their procurement division into a forward thinking, progressive, and strategic unit within the business. The company offers one of the best salary, benefits and training programs in the industry, not to mention significant opportunities for career advancement.
Lead development of strategic sourcing initiatives through the introduction of a competitive marketplace, demand management, supplier consolidation, and process re-engineering in multiple spaces and sites
- Build out Facility Services Procurement functions (janitorial, groundskeeping, appliances, fixtures, etc.)
- Management of competitive bid processes including RFP's, RFI's, RFQ's
- Lead a team of 3 and delegate key business initiatives
- Negotiation of various types of Vendor agreements
- Own the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification and selection, price negotiation, and contract "red-lining" (editing).
- Thorough reporting and analyses of sourcing activities at the group and functional levels.
- Leverage technology for the benefit of internal clients; recommending process improvements where applicable
- Lead and drive the identification, planning and management of a pipeline of strategic sourcing projects
- Market research and bench-marking of suppliers and related service categories
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS in applicable field, MBA a plus
- 6+ years progressive procurement experience, preferably in facilities/MRO/Real Estate/Manufacturing
- People management experience a MUST
- Demonstrated strategic sourcing and vendor management success
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills within a global matrix-style environment
- Experience in vendor evaluations and action planning with demonstrated results
What's on Offer
The 'Senior Procurement Manager - Facility Services' is an amazing opportunity to build and drive change within a national procurement group and at a Fortune 500 company. With a base salary between $120-$130k combined with healthy total compensation and benefits package, this is an incredibly competitive opportunity with a great firm - apply now!