Senior Procurement Manager - Solar
Join a leading international IPP, to help lead their Solar Procurement Division.
Excellent career projection and opportunities in the future.
About Our Client
A globally recognised IPP, with strong pipelines in Development, EPC, and O&M for Solar, Wind, Storage, and Offshore wind.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Senior Procurement Manager - Solar will have the below responsibilities:
- Create, implement, and manage competitive bid processes for all solar project Engineering, Environmental, Development, Design, Construction, Operations and Maintenance services required, with total spend exceeding $100M annually
- Manage the execution of more than 50 contracts annually by incorporating numerous bidders throughout the RFP processes
- Lead company solar multi-contracting strategy through identification of suppliers in key markets, organizing meetings, qualifying suppliers, developing associated RFP documents and contracts, creating risk assessment criteria and ultimately executing the strategy.
- Assist Senior Services & Materials Procurement Manager with the development of contracting strategies and processes for tendering Requests for Proposals (RFPs), reviewing and leveling vendor proposals, negotiating contracts that result in the best value possible, and mentoring Services & Materials team members on varying aspects of project management, contracting strategy, and negotiation
- Serve as a liaison between the Procurement, Development, Environmental, Energy Assessment, Engineering, Project Management, Operations, and Asset Management departments
- Develop and manage purchasing plans and strategies relating to development, construction, and operation of the company's wind/solar farms
- Identify and qualifiy robust supplier database of national to local (state, county) contractors to support all services for new Solar projects
- Track the global and U.S. solar markets and monitor technological advances in the industry
- Manage vendor relationships and interface with suppliers during the RFP and negotiation processes
- Maintain responsibility for bid evaluations, commercial and contractual negotiations, and contract approval prior to contract finalization
- Assist Investment/M&A, Estimation, and Origination departments for potential solar project acquisitions including but not limited to market trends, estimation, commercial terms review, and requests for information
- Assist with the creation and documentation of a competitive bid process that can be used at all levels of the organization
- Assist with the contract award process and presentation of award recommendations to management
- Maintain training and development of direct report in all aspects of Solar Procurement, including but not limited to: negotiation, RFP and contract management, executive summary and presentations, etc.
- Assist with the development of standardized processes and templates for all solar contracting efforts
- Manage documentation, contracts, budgets, schedules, engineering and construction interfaces, project controls, project correspondence, and project reporting
- Organize and prepare agendas for meetings between suppliers and Procurement personnel
- Issue purchase orders
- Maintain effective communication with all team members
- Participate in the engineering, design, and construction review process
- Additional duties as required
1-2 Direct Reports
Travel - up to 30%
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Senior Procurement Manager - Solar will have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5- 7 years of progressively responsible technical, engineering, construction management, or heavy industry procurement experience
- Solar EPC/BoP contracting experience strongly preferred
- Proven skills in procurement, negotiation, basic accounting, and contract analysis
- Proficient knowledge of full suite of Microsoft Office software; high proficiency in Excel and Power Point required.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to organize and maintain a fluid administrative process
- Strong technical and commercial analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on all technical and commercial subjects related to solar projects through the full development life-cycle and transition to construction and operations
- Ability to quickly understand the basics of a variety of subjects relating to renewable energy including civil and electrical engineering designs and detailed drawings along with transmission issues, taxes, finance, and energy sales
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and work well on a team
- Ability to proactively identify next steps and work productively with limited supervision
- Strong interest in environmental issues and renewable energy
- Ability and willingness to travel and work extended hours as needed
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package.Ideally located in Houston, TX but potentially remote for the right candidate.