- Highly visible role with ample room for growth - $30B global manufacturer
- Hybrid model - 2 to 3 days work from home
About Our Client
My client is a $30Bn diversified manufacturer with a global scale and reach. My client fosters a collaborative and fast-paced sourcing environment where candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a professionally aggressive mindset will adapt well.
In addition, my client provides an excellent workplace environment, remote flexibility, and strong benefits. Currently my client offers significant remote flexibility (candidates must be local to Chicago, though, for occasional visits to the office as required). On top of all that is a 10% 401(k) match and amazing benefits to complement that.
- Manage and lead multiple medium-to-large sourcing engagements, including current state and budget evaluation
- Development of strategy and approach, compiling scope of work and other requirements, drafting the RFx, evaluation of the vendor proposals, and negotiation of final business terms
- Present analysis--both qualitative and quantitative--to Procurement leadership and key stakeholders prior to obtaining approval to award business
- Organize and lead meetings with both internal stakeholders and external vendor partners
- Collaborate with internal partners (i.e. Business Owners, Risk Management, Contracts, Legal, etc) to mitigate risk by ensuring all sourcing events executed are in full agreement with corporate policies and procedures
- Research market and pricing data to develop analytics to support negotiation strategies and justify award decisions
- Build Sourcing project pipeline by reviewing expiring contracts, tracking and analyzing supplier spend, and presenting recommendations to Sourcing leadership
- Effectively communicate and demonstrate Strategic Sourcing's value proposition with the vendor selection process to internal stakeholders
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 6-10 years of strategic sourcing or supply chain experience
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills within a complex organization
- Demonstrated success managing a strategic sourcing project
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the Senior Procurement Specialist is $90,000-$115,000 + 10% bonus commensurate with candidate experience.