Senior Production Manager
bachelors degree, Lean/Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement
FDA/USDA manufacturing management experience
About Our Client
We are a rapidly growing FDA, USDA regulated Manufacturing business that has been named one of Outside Magazines Best Places to Work for 6 straight years. We use 100% organic grains, hormone- and antibiotic-free meats, non-GMO produce, and all of our ingredients and are very passionate about the products we produce.
The Senior Production Manager will facilitate teams in his/her area of responsibility as well as conduct and coordinate the necessary training for both the individual associates and the team. This manager will develop, implement and enforce established policy and strategy. Continuous improvement is a key aspect of this role and this will be accomplished through developing and maintaining an organization that demonstrates improvement by continuously driving faults lower.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Drive cross-functional coordination across departments such as Safety, Quality, Sanitation, Logistics, and Maintenance.
- Coordinate the Commissioning, Validation, and Start-up of new equipment.
- Maintains staff by assisting with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Successful Applicant
Strong work ethic which thrives within a rapidly-moving, entrepreneurial environment in addition to:
- 5+ years' experience with a successful track record in a FDA or USDA manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years Management level experience
- Experience within Kizan and Continuous Improvement project-strong KPI and Project Management skills
- Successful track record in an entrepreneurial manufacturing environment within a new start-up facility preferably
- PCQI and HACCP Certifications
- Lean/Six Sigma
What's on Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
- PTO and Sick/Family PTO
- Great Career Growth