Senior Production Planner
International manufacturing organization
Opportunity to work with an excellent team
About Our Client
Market leading medical device manufacturing organization
- Performs contract review on customer purchase orders to ensure accuracy.
- Work with Manufacturing, and/or Engineering to provide Customer Service with ship dates for all new purchase orders.
- Monitor materials inventory, create purchase orders for raw materials and sub-contract operations.
- Place purchase order for consumables and other items as required.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure they meet delivery expectations.
- Plan and establish production schedules through issuing of work orders.
- Track progress of assigned product lines in order to ensure they are on schedule.
- Work closely with Customer Service keeping them informed of production issues that may cause late orders. Work with Engineering and Manufacturing to provide updated ship schedules if required.
- Maintains reports of shipments, backlogs and quarterly forecast.
- Other duties as required within Operations.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, organization and problem resolving skills a must. Strong computer skills to include data entry, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. MRP/ERP experience required. Knowledge of MFG PRO a plus.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables while performing daily activities. Must rely on own judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must be able to perform a variety of tasks with limited supervision.
- Domestic travel up to 1 week per month anticipated
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation package