- My client is offering a significant base salary with great benefits + bonus
- There are remote working options and a flexible work schedule
About Our Client
My client is a well established General Contractor in the Chicagoland area. They are mainly developers but they also have a general contracting division. Based out of Chicago, they also operate in 8 cities and continue to experience tremendous growth. My client completes ground up construction, adaptive reuse and value add luxury residential apartments. For a bigger company, there is a collaborative work environment with great opportunity to grow within the company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Work closely with pre-construction team to understand the client objectives
- Communicate with clients throughout the budgeting and planning process
- Collaborate with site superintendent(s) to ensure labor coverage for the project
- Communicate and facilitate and change orders to superintendent and subcontractors
- Create and manage a strict budget and schedule
- Manage any conflict between client, subcontractors, and superintendents
- Mentor Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers
- Manage close-out and punch list
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 12-18+ years of experience in Construction, experience managing multiple projects at a time
- TI and ground-up experience with Light Industrial projects
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $125,000-$165,000 depending on project experience and skills
- Bonus based on performance
- Vehicle allowance($500/month)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 15 PTO Days
- 15 Paid Holidays with Summer Fridays
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Gas card
- Per diem
- Bonus for traveling
- 10% increase on the base salary for 16 months while traveling the 1-2 days per week