Senior Project Manager- Construction
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits package
Opportunity for growth in the company
About Our Client
Design/build general contractor who specializes in industrial projects including but not limited to Manufacturing facilities, Distribution Centers and Cold Storage Facilities. They have a great reputation in the market and continuously do repeat business. They offer competitive salaries, excellent bonuses and a great benefits package.
- Provide leadership by using effective verbal and written communication to manage the owner/client, architect and consultants, as well as, the project team in all phases of the work. This includes developing and motivating teamwork between all parties.
- Understand and implement general conditions and requirements of the contracts associated with each project while monitoring the contract documents for conformance and execution.
- Employ Project Management Systems to manage and control the project documentation and cost controls. Supervise and monitor the preparation and reporting of RFI logs, submittal logs, testing and inspection reports, safety inspections and reports, change order logs and other related reports.
- Prepare, monitor and update the project schedule. Review and coordinate with the Superintendent's "look ahead" schedules and document delays to the project. Establish material delivery schedules/logs and integrate into the project schedule.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of subcontracts and purchase orders, oversee the execution of the subcontract requirements and manage subcontractor claims.
- Verification of owner/client billings, subcontractor billings and account receivables.
- Participate in Operations and Safety meetings to help facilitate and enforce jobsite safety at all times and the establishment of project emergency plans.
- Organize project meetings, prepare meeting minutes and provide leadership and control to insure that all parties understand their obligations and that they follow through.
- Management of project close out procedures including monitoring of punch list to completion, preparation of warranties and operations manuals.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 10+ years of experience in general contracting
- Industrial experience highly preferred, large healthcare also a potential
- Experience overseeing projects autonomously required
- Overseeing projects $15M+ and 250K SF and above
What's on Offer
- Competitive salaries up to $135,000 + bonus + car allowance
- Excellent career growth opportunities within the company
- Autonomous environment
- Excellent benefits package - no cost to the employee