- 2 days WFH/week
- Great career progression
About Our Client
This general contractor has been around for over 40 years completing projects in the Chicagoland area as well as 30 states across the contiguous United States. Some highlights on the company include:
- Two Offices in Chicagoland - Hoffman Estates and Downtown Chicago
- Diverse project portfolio - healthcare, education, federal, corporate interiors, senior living and more
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Flexible working environment (work from home days for all)
- Voted "Contractor of the Year" multiple times
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Lead preconstruction efforts on negotiated projects as required; prepare budgets and estimates, collaborate with estimating to solicit bids from qualified subcontractors/suppliers, write detailed scopes of work and qualify, review and evaluate bids to ensure required scopes are included, provide value design suggestions and work with the project team to implement revisions. Assist leaders and estimating to develop bid strategies for pursuing competitive projects.
- Prepare detailed general conditions budgets as required; and, assist Estimating with incorporating the general conditions work into the overall project budget.
- Coordinate preparation of permit applications for review/approval, and submittal of updated permit documents as required.
- Negotiate, award and write all subcontracts. Verify current master agreements, and ensure that an executed subcontract/work authorization and proper certificate of insurance are in place prior to subcontractors starting work on site.
- Complete bid/post-bid subcontractor risk mitigation management.
- Develop, monitor and maintain a detailed master schedule; clearly identify key preconstruction activities that impact the project teams; and, clearly identify the critical path, and other activities such as owner move-in, inspections, and punchlist.
- Prepare comprehensive cost estimates throughout the project's duration. Communicate with self-perform groups to enlist their involvement and strengthen the project team.
- Manage the shop drawing/submittal schedule and process to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract documentation; monitor and distribute as required for coordination purposes.
- Manage the requests for information (RFIs) and change order processes, maintain the appropriate logs, and review with the project team regularly.
- Coordinate and conduct required meetings (e.g., pre-job, weekly construction meetings, post-job, and project closeout). Prepare and distribute meeting minutes with the Project Assistants support.
- Collaborate with the Superintendent to facilitate subcontractor/vendor coordination, ensure required inspections are performed and deficiencies are addressed, enforce quality control procedures and safety inspection performance, review the project punchlist, and obtain a certificate of occupancy.
- Review closeout documentation for accuracy and submission. Coordinate warranty calls on completed projects.
- Review job costs, billings, and pencil draws for pay applications. Review and approve invoices for goods purchased directly by company for general conditions work.
- Collaborate with the Principal in Charge/Market Leader as required to establish, monitor and achieve project goals to facilitate a positive outcome as opposed to merely delivering on a project objective. Prepare profit projections and review with the Principal in Charge/Market Leader.
- Develop and execute an efficient internal communication strategy for ensuring communication with all levels of management within the team.
- Champion client intimacy; build, strengthen and maintain relationships with clients/owners. Assist others in building client relationships through a deeper understanding of the clients' industry, the economics of their business and the strategic and operational challenges they face.
- Build, strengthen and maintain relationships with architects, developers, and subcontractors.
- Participate in industry associations, actively promote the company, and network to exchange information and gain insight about construction trends, the competition and industry/market trends.
- Assist project team to prepare for presentations and interviews.
- Support and guide recruiting efforts as required.
- Mentor, train and evaluate less-senior project management staff and other staff members as required.
- Guide cross-functional teams outside of direct span of control within the main Company divisions (e.g., Total Quality Management).
The Successful Applicant
The qualified Senior Project Manager will have:
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University in construction, engineering or architecture related fields
- 10+ years in progressively responsible role with extensive estimating experience and an understanding of the business side of construction; field experience is a plus.
- Proven record of success on large and/or complex healthcare construction projects (applicable to individual or multiple projects.)
- Must possess a deep understanding of each phase of the construction process, including architectural design and blueprinting, and a knowledge of the market/industry.
- Significant training and experience with cutting edge technology, processes, and procedures that produce accurate, efficient results; Viewpoint is a plus.
- Ability to travel to jobsites throughout the country as necessary.
What's on Offer
The Senior Project Manager would receive:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Long-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Off-The-Job Accident Insurance
- IRS 125 Plan
- 401k plan
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Referral/Recruiting Program
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement PTO
- Volunteer PTO
- Volunteer Time/Donation Matching
- Various Volunteer Opportunities
- Annual Recognition Awards and Event
- Annual Employee Golf Outing
- Training and Development