- Join a market leader in Life Science construction here in Boston!
- Offering a competitive base salary (up to $170,000) and benefits/bonus
About Our Client
My client is one of Boston's leading Commercial General Contractors specializing in high-profile Life Science projects (labs, pharma, R&D, data centers, etc.). They have established themselves as the go-to contractor in this space and are looking to bring on an experienced Senior Project Manager to help oversee projects and project teams within this space.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Establish the project control plan (job kit). Control the rate of production and quality on all projects, their associated cost and expected receipts.
- Establish base line and monitor construction schedules. Insure construction schedules are adhered and deadlines met.
- Secure building permits, licenses and occupancy certificates.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure building the project on schedule and within budget. Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client and Architect. Review job cost reports and maintain accurate and timely indicated cost reporting.
- Coordinate meetings with Owners' representatives, Architects/Engineers for obtaining approvals to jointly discuss procedures, progress, problems and scheduling.
- Assist in preparation of bid day information.
- Author and issue meeting minutes promptly.
- Schedule and assist in progress meetings with Trade Contractors and Construction Superintendents.
- Secure scheduling for equipment, material, shop drawing submittals and deliveries.
- Assume additional responsibilities or special projects as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Senior Project Manager will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction Technology, or related field required
- 10+ years of construction experience
- Project experience within Life Sciences, Pharma, Data Centers, etc. (New construction or renovation)
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong literacy of MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
The Senior Project Manager will receive:
- Competitive base salary ($150,000+)
- Bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Monthly vehicle allowance
- 401K with company match
- 3 weeks of PTO