- Our client has a very strong pipeline of commercial projects throughout Chicago
- There are opportunities to work from home
About Our Client
Our client is both a general contractor and developer. Family owned and operated for 100+ years, our client is a very well established general contractor and developer within Chicagoland area. They focus on higher education, health care, government and commercial projects. Last year they brought in about $40M worth of revenue and are expecting growth in the coming year. They have a strong backlog of new projects coming up ranging from $2 million to $40 million. The majority of the projects they do are ground up. APPLY TODAY AND HAVE YOUR RESUME CONSIDERED WITHIN 24 HOURS.
- Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of a project including; estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation
- Ensure an accurate and complete project estimate
- Work closely with owners and the design team to develop preliminary concept drawings
- Participate in the proposal meeting with the owner to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas
- Oversee the buyout process and the selection of subcontractors
- Conduct bi-weekly job site meetings on site
- Make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Organize, plan, and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Commit to quality by evaluating project-related processes
- Make necessary changes, use customer input to make improvements, and meet/exceed internal and external client expectations
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and other associates while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in a construction related field (Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture).
- 7+ years of project management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Having multi-family experience.
- Software experience in Bluebeam, Procore, Timberline.
- A non-jumpy candidate.
- Team player, outgoing personality who has the ability/experience to work closely and talk with candidates.
- Negotiating and relationship management skills.
- True leadership experience managing teams.
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary up to $150K (Completely dependent upon all aspects of experience).
- Dynamic bonus structure - ability to make up to $200K in first year with company.
- 401K plan with 3-5% company match.
- Top benefits (Health, Vision and Dental).
- Life insurance.
- Paternity and Maternity leave.
- PTO up to 3+ weeks starting.
- Paid company holidays and sick leave.