Senior Project Manager - Railroad Construction
Clear path to Project Executive
High base salary, bonus potential, and full benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned General Contractor in the Greater Chicago area. Their portfolio includes transportation, education, commercial and more. They are looking for the top talent in the industry to join their team as a Senior Project Manager.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager:
- Full project responsibility from beginning to end
- Ability to lead and manage several projects at a time
- Facilitate weekly meetings to review and maintain project schedule
- Create and maintain client and subcontractor relationships with efficient and effective communication
- Constant collaboration with on-site superintendents to ensure project deadlines are met
- Responsible for overseeing scheduling, budgets, documentation, and more
- Support construction team and problem solve when necessary
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Project Manager:
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Railroad construction experience
- Provide client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project. Attend job walks and develop relationships to grasp the scope of work.
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting, etc.
- Review data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provide complete conceptual (or bidwork) and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids, other project managers and superintendents.
- Insure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Assist contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives & other contractors, etc.
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the Senior Project Manager:
- Extremely Competitive base salary up to $140K
- 401k match and Profit Sharing in Benefits Package
- Sick days + up to 5 weeks PTO
- Career Stability with Business Development Opportunities
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Opportunity to be a mentor to several PM's and APM's