- Opportunity to work for one of Michigan's most reputable contractors
- Competitive salary and benefits package
About Our Client
Our MI based client is a national developer/general contractor with an office located in Metro Detroit. They are known for large-scale construction projects throughout the midwest. As a well-established company, their commitment to employee success is excellent. They are looking for a strong Senior Project Manager (Commercial Construction) to grow and develop their share of the construction market. Their project pipeline consists of a variety of commercial projects and in their history they have delivered more than $5 billion in projects of varying scopes and sizes. They serve the education, healthcare, hospitality, multifamily, mixed-use, senior living, manufaturing and industrial clients.
The key responsiblities of the Senior Project Manager (Commercial Construction) are:
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Contract or oversee trades such as concrete, steel, and carpentry
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Perform, or contract others to perform, pre-building assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments.
- Develop or implement environmental protection programs.
- Apply for and obtain all necessary permits or licenses.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine the cost-effectiveness of plans, using computer models.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Project Manager (Commercial Construction) candidate will have:
- Proven experience as a construction project manager (minimum of 10 years commercial construction experience).
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality, health, and safety standards.
- Familiarity with construction/project management software.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Project.
- Familiarity with construction/project management software such as PlanGrid and BlueBeam.
- PMP or equivalent certification a plus.
Please apply with a resume and project list and you will be considered for the position within 24 hours.
What's on Offer
On offer for a Senior Project Manager (Commercial Construction) candidate is:
- Competitive base salary of $90,000 - $130,000 depending on experience
- Vehicle allowance or company car
- 401(k) with company match
- Comprehensive healthcare plan
- Generous paid time off
- Continued learning and training opportunities plus tuition reimbursement
- On-site health and wellness activities
- Flexible work schedules
- Access to industry-leading technology.
- Team members are also provided opportunities to help shape their community for future generations through volunteer time off and opportunities for involvement with local organizations.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately with both a resume and project list.