Senior Property Accountant
Join a growing real estate company in NYC!
Long term growth opportunity!
About Our Client
One of the leading real estate companies located in New York City is looking for a Senior Property Accountant to join their fast paced team. They are rapidly expanding their portfolio and looking for someone to join them.
- Responsible for general accounting functions for multiple commercial properties within our portfolio.
- Performing monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings of general ledger in accordance with GAAP.
- Preparing all work papers and variance analyses for assigned properties.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements as required by specific management or lender agreements.
- Preparing straight-line schedules pursuant to lease agreements.
- Preparing amortization schedules pursuant to loan agreements.
- Reviewing expense funding requests and all invoices for proper GL classification and sufficient supports.
- Reviewing annual operating expense/CAM reconciliations.
- Reviewing annual property budgets.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience with commercial or residential property accounting.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Good knowledge of GAAP.
- CAM escalation experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to complete accounting projects.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast paces environment.
- Excellent time management, analytic, written and verbal communication skills is a must.
What's on Offer
A very competitive salary is on offer for the Senior Property Accountant