Senior Quality Engineer - Aerospace & Defense
Technology-driven manufacturing company, fully focused on cloud-based tech!
Focus on innovation & continuous improvement!
About Our Client
Our latest client is an electronic instruments and systems provider for the aerospace and defense industry. This Chicago-based business unit is part of a global, publicly-held organization which spans 200+ manufacturing facilities internationally.
- Serve as lead liaison for customers in order to resolve quality issues, ensure appropriate flow down of quality requirements, enable positive channels of communication, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Represents company during external audits, such as AS9100/ISO9001, FAA, and all other major customers, ensure corrective/preventive action system is effective for internal and external problems
- Ensure quality manual and procedures meet standards of AS9100 and ISO9001and other specified customer requirements
- Manage corrective action system by issuing and monitoring corrective action as requested and required for product and internal audit findings
- Develop quality plans for new product introduction based on APQP/PPAP principles
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or similar
- Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on experience in a regulated, high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a Kaizen, or other Lean Manufacturing projects
- Experience with DFM and/or Quality Engineering activities
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $80,000-$100,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Performance based bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package (100% Coverage for Individual)
- 15 PTO Days
- 401(k) with 5% company match